The Products & Solutions Development Team Leader is responsible for end-to-end delivery of functionality / features assigned. In addition, provides the associated development teams with priorities and expertise regarding the product and ensures completeness and consistency of the derived requirements within the part of the product. Also be responsible for the functional management of a team of software engineers.
• Lead and develop a highly motivated team to facilitate development of world class products with highest quality and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for recruitment management, competency management and performance management of the team.
• Work with product owners, architects, developers, testers and other stake holders in Product development organization to build and maintain high quality software solutions
• Mentor project team members on technical topics to ensure design & implementation consistency against the architecture
• Responsible for the accurate translation of software architecture into design and code
• Identification of potential components for reuse and promote re-use
• Support the initiation of risk mitigation by Project Manager and all relevant project stakeholders
• Responsible for the performance management of the team members (target setting, evaluation, competency development)
• Ensure timely feedback to the team
• Communicate with the project stakeholders in effective manner. Regular reporting to both line management as well as partner on status, escalation of risks, issues and important information
• Identification of opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency, reduce non-conformance costs
Experience level: 10+ years of software development with at least 2-3 years in leadership role
• Proven track record of leading teams by setting and achieving challenging team objectives.
• Expertise in C#, Visual Studio, MSUnit, WPF, WCF
• Knowledge of C++, OpenGL, Open Inventor desirable
• Thorough understanding of Design principles, tools & methods