Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens is looking for Overhead Catenary Design (OCS) Engineer for it Metro and Mainline Rail electrification works. Candidates will be considered for any of our offices.
The engineer will work on the design of AC Catenary systems. This role will involve the preparation of Catenary layout plans, profile diagrams, Catenary support structures, including cantilevers, portals and head spans.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Proven and capable to perform complete Catenary designs
- Ability to prepare OCS structure and wiring Layout Plans
- Experience in the development of OCS specifications
- Ability to prepare Structural Erection Diagrams & CSD
- Ability to prepare Catenary profiles
- Experience with relevant code requirements for OCS design
- Understand integration of other disciplines such as traction power, track, signals and communications.
- Knowledge of engineering computations and structural analysis
- Support and direct Catenary engineering and drafting staff
- Ability to prepare assembly and component drawings
- Knowledge of Catenary wire properties, insulators and miscellaneous hardware
- Experience with OCS field construction: staging, techniques and cost estimating
- Candidates should possess a thorough understanding of the workings of a Catenary system and be capable of performing pole and foundation loading calculations, Catenary tension calculations, analysis of wire sag and rise conditions.
Technically responsible engineer with responsibility of complete OCS design for customer projects. Analysis of the system requirements, coordination for the complete system, preparation of system design basis/interfaces, preparation of the technical offer documentation, coordination of the subsystems, technical customer negotiations. Cooperation from pre-acquisition phase. Interaction with customer with good communication skill.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
- 5-7 years of experience in OCS/CATENARY design
- Proficiency in utilizing AutoCAD
- Ability to design on screen in production of CAD drawings
- Knowledge of software for support structure analysis (STAAD,) preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the cooperative ability to work with other team members at other locations.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 119112
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time