Managing and Improving the Indian supply base for global Purchase Volume of Large Drives Applications (LDA) in assigned electronics & electricals commodities electrical commodities (e.g. Electronics manufacturing services) that are feasible for export to global LDA locations (e.g. Shanghai/China, New Kensington/USA).
- Responsible for Identifying Capable and Competitive supplier in India for all mentioned commodities and ensure smooth implementation by generating cost savings for global plants
- This position is responsible for networking with Global plants to Identify projects for sourcing from India, Identifying Capable and Competitive supplier in India for received RFQ's, Perform basic supplier audits & assessment in order to access capabilities and ensure smooth transition from Global Suppliers to Indian suppliers. Manage the entire value chain from RFQ to shipment and ongoing quality issues.
Objectives and Responsibilities :
"•Understand business needs of LDA and locations and identify feasible Local for Global (L4G) commodities/components in alignment with Global Commodities Managers and global locations
•Organize and drive global sourcing projects that are jointly defined with Global Commodity Manager and global locations to increase the PVO from India
•Contribution to global material strategies and execution of those regionally in India
•Reduce costs at suppliers through effective utilization of procurement levers (e.g. negotiation, cost transparency, e-sourcing, cost value engineering)
•Manage and track capacity utilization at suppliers as well as development status of new products
•Support best-in-class Supply Chain Management processes in order to secure productivity, assets, quality, delivery reliability and innovation, including escalation, contract- and claim management
•Support with escalations, expediting and on-site tracking of progress of deliveries at suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries
•Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data, supply market intelligence, commercial & technical trends, benchmarks) to keep all stakeholders up to date and maintain regular contact with relevant interfaces
•Ensure data transparency and report relevant procurement KPI (e.g. CNI, eAuctions, Supply Base Optimization, GVS share) in assigned commodities to ensure business planning and target achievement and to make results transparent
•Manage and develop Indian supplier base in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management
•Contribute to sourcing decisions under consideration of total costs
"• Demonstrates ownership culture by initiative in developing plans, execution of those plans, focusing on business results, full transparency, open & honest communication and making bold decisions
• Demonstrated strategic procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, negotiation, pooling, cost transparency, design-to-cost, cost value engineering, supplier development and supplier relationship management
• Strong written and verbal Communication skills – if needed on executive level - including extensive expertise in presentation development
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
• Proofed ability to align with business partners and objectives as well as collaborate cross-functionally
• Fluent in English
• Open to travel on a regular basis (mainly domestically)"
Job ID: 119133
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time