Strategic Logistics for Local and Global shipments related to MV Motors / Drives related parts or entire assembly
Responsible for Logistics strategy i.e. define smart logistics model to ensure availability and short lead times for entire supply chain. Providing packaging optimization solution and generating cost savings in packaging.
This position is responsible for supporting global and local suppliers to develop logistics concept for different kind of parts to have shorter lead time. Find best logistics solution including freight, packaging and custom. Digitalization partner and escalation point for all logistics related issues.
Areas of responsibilities :
"Factory Logistics :
- Develop Logistics concept for parts shipping to global LDA factories with factory logistics
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures related to logistics and packaging
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues - Escalation point for tactical logistics "
"Sub Suppliers logistics (Outsourced Partners) :
- Develop material flow for suppliers and outsourced partners (Including sub suppliers)
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies for shorter lead times
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities"
"Digitalization in logistics :
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained and accurate
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation are available in system and can be easily pulled
- Implement digitalization for logistics (AXIT, DASH) Etc.
- Bring transparency in logistics model through digitalization "
"Finding new partners :
- Develop Market intelligence in logistics
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers
- Find alternative logistics providers for new/existing business based on the targets"
- Conduct or review environmental audits for packaging to ensure it is environmentally friendly as possible
- Packaging optimization for cost reduction and space utilization during shipment
- Analysis and implement solution based on Past data related to cost, quality and functioning of packing
- Packaging consolidation with help of factory logistics team for better cost and availability
- Work with design team for packaging modification wherever required "
"Reporting and Compliance :
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements"
"Networking and mutual support :
Regular alignments with Global and local logistics team, Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process, Collaboration with other division and BU logistics team members in Global and India for Synergy"
Share best practices and engagement to ensure that the logistics team is up to date related to latest trends and technology in logistics.
Technologies: Logistics, Supply Chain, Logistics of bigger parts similar to LDA Motors or Drives
Methodologies: Import/Exports, custom regulation and security requirements
Professional Knowledge.: Product / Commercial / IT Skills & ERP Knowledge