About the role
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. A perfect place to learn. A perfect place to grow. A perfect place to prosper. A perfect place for every stage of life.
How? By driving and trendsetting force which joins in proven leading-edge technologies to increase productivity. The Smart Grids and Infrastructure Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Software Developer - Java
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Smart Grids and Infrastructure. Here, we’re hiring for a Programmers. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You will have to develop and write code in Java or other object orientated languages following team’s coding standards and development process.
- You will be involved in development of new EnergyIP® components and integration adapters.
- You should involve in the integration of smart grid software systems.
- You should provide reliable and quality design to a variety of problems and requirements using sound problem solving techniques.
- Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision.
- You should be a team player and individual contributor as business demands.
- You should perform application builds and deployments using CI servers.
What you need to make real what matters
- You need to be an engineering graduate with minimum 3 -6 years of experience with software development.
- You should have solid command of Object Oriented programming and should be experienced in Java 8.
- You should have solid working knowledge with Spring Framework (Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot etc.)
- You should have experience in development and use of web services (i.e. SOAP, REST).
- You should have Understanding of web/application containers (Tomcat, JBoss, etc)
- You should be proficient in working with IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA etc)
- You should be expertin writing unit tests (e.g. JUnit)
- You should have experience in Agile Software Development process and Full product/software development lifecycle
- You should have experience in processing XML and JSON messages and proficient with Linux.
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 119338
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time