Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Electrification AC Switchgear Product Manager to work for our Rail Electrification business in Coventry. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Electrification AC Switchgear Product Manager will be responsible to manage the Siemens AC Air insulated Switchgear (ASG25) from design to delivery. The Product Manager will, in coordination with the Engineering Manager and the Project Managers, facilitate bids/tenders of switchgear while ensuring the switchgear is designed in accordance to the workscope and delivered on time and within the agreed cost.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- To lead design/ manufacture and development of Medium voltage switchgear.
- To implement and manage the necessary engineering / quality assurance processes to meet requirements
- To design considering manufacturing and assembly processes and techniques Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA)
- To design with process, part and assembly costs kept to a minimum, without compromising the integrity of new switchgear products.
- To prepare internal/external testing schedules and, where necessary, supervise
- internal/external testing as required, both in the UK and abroad, working in collaboration with the Laboratories team.
- To assist with the design engineering aspects of test unit builds and pre-production builds for new product development.
- To ensure maintenance of all test results relating to relevant projects.
- To ensure design documentation and design project files are kept up to date.
- To ensure finished product has full Bill of Materials in line with Siemens Switchgear requirements.
- To seek and promote new processes and technologies which will enhance the economics of the finished product.
- To provide technical support to other parts of the business.
- Develop and produce reports associated with the performance of the department on a monthly basis with an emphasis on the manufacturing performance.
- Responsible for the improvement of the switchgear product to enhance our switchgear offering to the market.
- Attend Management meetings on a regular basis.
- To fully manage the end to end manufacturing process and all associated staff resources
- To positively influence the manufacturing safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- To support the project commercial process with the Commercial Manager and ensure all manufacturing change requests are processed on time
- To produce and issue Manufacturing progress and KPI reports
- To maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery.
- To produce fully compliant suitable product designs to meet the requirements of the contract
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Relevant experience in design & manufacturing of switchgear
- Chartered Engineer status
- Member of the IET or other Recognized Professional Body
- Experience and knowledge of engineering process at all stages of the engineering lifecycle
- Strong management, organizational and leadership experience and capability.
- Experience with establishing and managing high performing teams of people, aligned to business objectives.
- Experience with direct client interface and representing the business to external parties.
- Flexible, innovative approach, able to evaluate and adapt alternative new technologies
- Strong leadership, motivational, and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of task, time and people management.
- Experience with 3D designs
- Experience with automated software for electric diagrams. Preferable Engineering Base
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 119437
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time