Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting a Design Engineer for our growing Rail Electrification business. Based out in Coventry, the Design Engineer will be responsible for producing AC Substation, 33kV, 25kV and DC Substation designs in co-ordination with a Senior Designer or the Engineering Manager.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- The production and development of the Contract Design submission documentation together with all other associated documentation.
- Documents produced shall include but not limited to:
- Switchgear electric diagram
- Interconnection cabling design
- Low voltage AC/DC calculation
- LV cable design
- Substation layout
- Protection & Control logic diagrams
- Interlocking diagrams
- Work closely with the Senior Designers and Engineering Manager to ensure an integrated design solution is presented for the projects.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Siemens Safety working policies, standards and practices as well as those applicable to Network Rail infrastructure in all aspects of the design process.
- Provide the highest quality and level of Customer service. At the same time achievement of the delivery timescales and at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
- To manage the development of fully compliant suitable designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Development of Tender estimates and documentation for new opportunities.
- Understand primary interfaces, design drivers and stakeholders on projects that will influence the technical design.
- Undertake lessons learnt exercises to maintain value.
- Most economical design methodology.
What Knowledge & Experience do I need?
- Engineering degree, would normally be a Chartered Engineer
- Extensive experience and knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrable AC switchgear design experience.
- Proficiency on automated software for electric diagrams. Preferable Engineering Base
- Excellent understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
- Energetic and hardworking individual with an ability to motivate teams
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in design work in a dynamic and challenging business environment
- Safety knowledge and skills in a technical and a very demanding working environment to ensure all designs meet legal safety requirements.
- Good communication and inter personal skills be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- Proven experience within a Contracting or manufacturer industry will also be an advantage.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 119439
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time