About the role
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. A perfect place to learn. A perfect place to grow. A perfect place to prosper. A perfect place for every stage of life.
How? By driving and trendsetting force which joins in proven leading-edge technologies to increase productivity. The Smart Grids and Infrastructure Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Smart Grids and Infrastructure. We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality. In this role, you will contribute to test case writing, test case creation and test case execution for various components. Join our team and we will help you find the right path for your career through our wide range of opportunities.
We make real what matters
- You will be responsible for requirement analysis and design test cases based on user requirements specification and system specification.
- You should have experience on Test execution and Bug reporting and making it to closure with any test management system
- You should be hardworking and willing to learn, understand & build in depth knowledge on test automation framework and trends.
- You will be involved in performing intensive manual and automated product testing (functional and/or non-functional tests)
What you need to make real what matters
- You need to be an engineering graduate with 2-3 years of work experience in Manual testing.
- You should have strong knowledge & working experience in Testing methodologies such as Assembly Testing, System Integration Testing, UAT, Performance Testing etc.
- You should have sound knowledge in latest Software Development methodologies such as Agile, Lean etc.
- You should have minimum 1 yr of work experience in test script development using any automation tools.
- You should have basic knowledge on Groovy/Python/Java Scripting language will be an added advantage
- You should have working Knowledge of Test management tools like JIRA, ALM (Quality Center)
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Process Industries and Drives at: http://www.siemens.co.in/en/our-businesses/process-industries-and-drives.htm and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 119578
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time