Buyer – Tactical Procurement
Closing Date 01 November 2019
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Buyer – Tactical Procurement and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Manager and working within the Distributed Generation Services Business Unit in Warwick as one of our successful Buyers, your role is to deliver key elements of the purchasing process, communicating with key internal customers and coordinating joint activities with external suppliers. The successful candidate will have proven Buyer experience and need to ensure robust and optimised supply chains are in place to deliver outstanding performance and competitive advantage to our business stakeholders.
This is your role. What part will you play?
Processes and Procedures
What are my specific tasks?
- Vendor schedules are an automated ordering process for the ordering of multiple, generally low value high volume parts within SAP and requires data accuracy generally once established will run for a minimum of one year. This is a key process within the purchasing department.
- Buyer will create vendor schedules in SAP and perform ongoing maintenance, including checking that issue numbers are correct on the schedule.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to negotiate prices, lead times, and determine the source, and terms of agreement.
- Buyers will also check and submit to Purchase manager for authorisation and release to supplier.
Non-Vendor Schedule (ad-Hoc) orders
- Buyer will convert purchase requisitions into purchase orders.
- Existing PIR’s should be checked within SAP and if not valid will need to be re-validated
- Buyer will create the Purchase Order using standard texts
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to release the purchase order in accordance with the purchasing guidelines and authorisation limits once purchase support has created the purchase order.
- Any variations will be highlighted by the sourcing support and passed to the buyer for consideration and agreement on the next course of action.
Other activities include
- Sending out requests for quotes (RFQ) to suppliers within the approved supplier list.
- Collation of all necessary information including but not limited to drawings/specifications, quality requirements and send out the RFQ.
- Monitor responses and ensure completeness. Analysis of responses received - including cost/price, lead time, etc. Recommend source highlighting any issues / opportunities.
- Expedite responses from suppliers.
- Creation the PIR in SAP.
- Responsibility to resolve minor invoice/commercial queries with the suppliers
- General ad-hoc support and input into Siemens key initiatives e.g. Supplier Evaluation System, e-procurement tools, Approved Supplier Database, KPIs, Balanced Scorecard and World Class Purchasing measures.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
Proven Buyer experience of working within and understanding a procurement function.
Proven experience covering RFQ, Purchase orders & invoicing.
Experience managing multiple supplier relationships.
Knowledge and familiarity with procurement operational management covering procurement steps and understanding of Procurement guidance, controls & Quality Processes.
Good working knowledge and experience of SAP / an ERP system is advantageous.
Experience of EFRX or similar e-procurement systems is advantageous.
Ability to work in a complex, fast changing global organisational environment.
Working towards a Degree or CIPS qualification is advantageous but not essential.