Mechanical Calculations (FEA) Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Research & Development
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens is seeking to hire a highly motivated professional for its Generators R&D, in Mechanical Calculations (FEA) domain. The candidate shall be able to work in an environment, where problem definition may not be very clear, problems and boundary conditions may be dynamic in nature and solution of such problems will require in-depth understanding of technical concepts and application of innovative ideas/approaches to solve them.
This position provides collaboration and growth opportunities within the Generators R&D and related fields of Siemens through its senior management, domain experts, technical partners and universities, throughout our many locations in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- • Responsible for performing FE analysis and calculations of Generator components.
- • Able to conduct static, transient, linear, nonlinear, fatigue (LCF/HCF), thermal & structural analysis.
- • Perform verification of FE analysis using hand calculation and other analytical methods.
- • Interpret results and provide design change solution and optimize the design.
- • Work in cross-functional teams to interconnect R&D, Service, Manufacturing, Project Management personnel to provide best possible solutions in a timely manner
- • Create conceptual designs, analyze and optimize it per customer needs, and to defend it during design reviews
- • Work with customers and stakeholders to understand, develop and deploy solutions
- • Serve as a subject matter expert for mechanical calculations.
- • Shall be able to provide solution within short time with engineering judgment.
- • Candidate shall have critical thinking ability and experience to quickly perform plausibility checks and to sort out complex situations which do not fit to standards.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- • >5 years of experience on FE analysis and design optimization.
- • Good experience with ANSYS or NASTRAN or ABAQUS or any other FEA software.
- • Strong fundamentals in Mechanics and engineering design.
- • Technical knowledge related to Turbo Generators or Turbines.
- • Experience in working with customers and stakeholders in an international environment.
- • Excellent written, verbal and presentation/communication skills in English.
- • Team player, proactive, Results-oriented and self-motivated approach to problem solving.
- • Exceptional ability to build relationships. Enthusiastic and motivated.
- • Demonstrated proficiency in solving complex problems and ability to mentor young professionals.
- • Bachelor’s or Master’s or Ph.D degree in Mechanical Engineering (specialization in Machine Design/FE Calculations/Applied Mechanics), from a reputed institute.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 119644
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time