As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress.
You will join our Digital Industries team based in Dublin. The team is a group of highly experienced engineers responsible for producing high quality software solutions on time and within budget. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, experienced in PCS7 and with the ability to write technical documents to a high standard.
This role will report to the Engineering Manager. Experience in Pharma would be an advantage whist the role may also cover Oil & Gas, Chemical and Power applications.
What are my responsibilities?
- Technical production of high-quality software solutions on time and within budget.
- Be involved in the writing/co-ordination of Functional Design Specifications and associated documents.
- Travel and commission the equipment at client sites
- Be involved in the testing of all software produced and configuration of systems to satisfy the client’s application.
- When working within a project team, ensure that all activities are coordinated with the designated project manager; using your knowledge and Siemens processes to Lead that team, with a clear focus on quality.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A good all-round knowledge and experience in an engineering discipline and a qualification in this area is an advantage.
- Experience of software & electrical engineering in the Process Control and MES environments with demonstrable PCS7 experience.
- Experience of writing technical documents to a high standard is essential.
- This role will be customer facing so, excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently with customers at all levels is essential.
- Experience of delivering training/knowledge transfer to customers is essential.
- A flexible attitude towards work (that at times can be outside of normal working hours) is essential. A UK driving license is also essential.
- Be highly motivated and work on their own initiative and also within a team.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK & Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 119693
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time