5+ years of professional experience in software development, with:
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as: Java, C++, C#, Scala, Python
• Proven track record of leading small teams of developers as a team-leader/senior-developer.
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
• Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
• Understanding – web service development / micro services architecture.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Experienced with cloud computing:
• One or more years in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS or Azure
• Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
• Self-Directed, High Energy
• Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced agile development environment.
• Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including senior engineers and managers.
Experience in one or more areas:
• Micro-services development using REST APIs
• Development of middleware / platforms.
• Understanding of Data Warehousing, AWS RedShift.
• Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .NET, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
• Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure.