Addressing the evolving complexities of the energy landscape requires integrated energy ecosystems that span the entire value chain. Our Gas and Power Operating Company helps customers power the world in this time of change by leveraging existing technologies in different ways, developing new business models and technology systems, and employing cutting-edge data analytics.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Controls Specialist to join our Power and Gas Controls and Digitalisation team based at our Macquarie Park, NSW offices. Reporting to the Head of Operations, this challenging and rewarding role will manage an end to end workflow portfolio by leading the conceptual and basic design, detailed design, implementation, factory testing and commissioning of advanced control services to the thermal power generation market. The role also requires project management skills with demonstrated team leadership experience, offering excellent career progression opportunities.
This is a highly technical role and you will be responsible for:
- Design and development of Advanced Control strategies for power plant process control systems: including but not limited to Unit Coordinated control, steam pressure storage utilisation, linear and non-linear boiler models, network frequency support, Electro-Hydraulic Governor control strategies with reserve energy utilisation from condensate and feed-water systems.
- Power Plant process control system design concepts and optimisation using classical feedback PID and predictive feed-forward model control.
- Extensive process technology experience with boiler drum and once through (superheated and super-critical) steam generators used for conventional, combined cycle and industrial plants.
- Design and commissioning of power plant one button automatic start-up and shut-down control strategies including full use of bypass systems.
- Facilitate, monitor and supervise the use of appropriate subcontractors.
- Provide technical recommendations and decisions to Siemens and to customers based on clear understanding of the customers' business and operational environment.
- Proactively promote innovation, improvements, risk identification and safety management.
- Work under the company quality management system and take responsibility for HS&E.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout Australia.
You will be highly motivated with a Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and extensive experience in large scale power plant automation. Demonstrated expert experience with Siemens automation products such as T3000 and PCS7 would be well regarded. A working knowledge of IEC 61511 would be an advantage.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 119750
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time