Gas Turbine Combustion – Aero-thermal Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The position is for an engineer to design gas turbine combustor components. This position will require the candidate to be able to:
• Work within a multi-discipline team on prototype and/or production projects
• Develop product requirements specifications in conjunction with internal and external customers.
An aero-thermal engineer to:
• Perform and/or coordinate aero design calculations on advanced gas turbine combustors
• Perform and/or coordinate reacting and non-reacting flow CFD calculations to develop and qualify combustor components
• Develop combustion test plans and oversee tests to develop and qualify the functionality of combustor components
Expectation on Education/experience:
The preferred candidate will have a number of the following:
• Ability to work in a dynamic, project oriented environment.
• Experience with the design of gas turbine combustion system or similar components including:
• Stress analysis experience including FEA and/or ASME pressure vessel code based analysis
• Experience using correlation-based fluid-mechanics, mixing, and heat transfer tools to design gas turbine components
• CFD analysis of combustion systems using CFD software (STAR CCM will be preferred)
• Specification of drawings per ANSI Y14.5 or ISO 1101
• Experience with the manufacture of complex parts and fabrications made from stainless steels or nickel based alloys
• Experience designing parts in a high vibration and high temperature environment
• Experience with component testing for part qualification especially shake table or combustion testing
• Knowledge of gas turbine combustion principles
• Knowledge of heat transfer principles
• An advanced degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 119760
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time