Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The position is for Gas turbine combustion engineer to support site. This position will have following responsibility & expectations:
• Combustion support for the operation of large power plant gas turbines during the overall product life (focus on service)
• Worldwide combustion tuning of gas turbines on site in power plants
• Setting the machines and solving occurring problems
• Recording and evaluation of measurement data as well as back office support (focus on service)
• Clarification and decision making on open or critical issues with management as well as the plant project management in Erlangen and Offenbach
• On-site support of the project management during customer discussions by participation in Conversations or, if necessary, your own presentations
• Assistance in the preparation and implementation of research and development
• Projects (Creation and Mods & Upgrades) by participation in Design Reviews, Deployment of plant data and implementation of the corresponding (prototype) on-site plant tests
• Close cooperation with the Combustion Application Team in US and Germany
We dont need superheros, just super minds
• Successfully completed university degree (Bachelor / Master preferred) in mechanical engineering with focus on Turbomachinery, thermodynamics or process technique or combustion.
• Experience with testing (laboratory, university, “technique”/rig or plant testing)
• Knowledge in project work or work in damage assessment teams
• Expertise in combustion, gas turbines, auxiliary systems, project management and Problem Solving Techniques (Kepner-Tregoe, FMEA)
• User knowledge in MS Office, databases (PCM, BSOL, DGTI) and data processing
• English business fluent, German will be additional qualification
• Experiences with the commissioning of gas turbine plants as well as with the solution of (Plant) problems of the gas turbine required
• Experience in (co-) working in project teams desirable
• Experience in dealing with other cultures is helpful
• Team and communication skills
• Result orientation
• Analytical ability
• Worldwide willingness to travel
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 119820
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time