Looking for a challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000
employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas & Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Project Manager for our Power Generation business. Within Gas and Power, Power Generation, we have a portfolio of projects where the main equipment or supplies come from our Centers of Competence in Europe & elsewhere, and onshore services are provided by the regional company. These projects therefore have off shore and onshore components; and sometimes are under the New Collaboration Model. These projects which cover our Large Steam, Large Gas and Industrial Gas Turbines portfolio range in value from single digit million EUR to high double digit million EUR.
As a CPM, your primary responsibility will be to manage all the commercial activities relating to the onshore portion of the project which would entail close working with global Centers of Competence and the end customer. Besides commercial activities relating to the onshore scope, there would be an opportunity to support the sales teams during commercial negotiation of new projects, as well as to localize the CPM scope for the off shore supply portion of the project. The role therefore offers opportunity to expand the experience to Commercial Sales as well as to support potentially as CPM also for the supply portion which has very unique logistics and commercial requirements.
Your new role:
- Ensuring completion of all commercial and financial related tasks to the project success
- Ensuring accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP - ensures compliance with Siemens-Financial Reporting Guidelines plus the local GAAP requirements. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities
- Work together with the Project Manager so that the financial results according to set targets are handled with due professional care and optimize the project gross profit, cash flow and assets
- Actively communicate with customer's commercial representatives and handles solving of commercial issues
- Together with the PM, proactively setting up a contract and claim management in the project
- Supports the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities – taking over the full responsibility in this regard with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities along with due compliances
- Ensure tight cost controlling to get the maximum out of each project with minimum outlay of resources
- Full ownership of entire P&L and KPI’s along with tight internal controls.
We dong need super heros, just super minds
- CA/MBA/ICWA with 5-8 years of experience
- Commercial professional having an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Hands on experience in commercial project management & commercial operations
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (expert knowledge of Excel) and SAP
- CPM certification is desirable
We've got quite a lot to offer! How about you?
This role is based
in Gurgaon, where you’ll get
the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the
shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A
collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over
200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that
reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions
at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your
curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about
Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 119827
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time