As an enthusiastic, detail conscious Finance and Commercial Assistant, you will provide administration support across all Installation and Commissioning related sites in the UK, supporting the Commercial Project Managers, Resourcing Team and the Finance function; ensuring quality of data for the business and monthly reporting, under the guidance of the Finance Executive. This role will be the key contact for the new FieldGlass system which will support timesheet bookings by all contractors.
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the contractor timesheet processing to support the phased implementation of the electronic timesheet system.
- Responsible for ensuring all time bookings in the system are accurate and resolve daily queries in the cost centre.
- Control and update of cost bookings upon a weekly basis to ensure accuracy at project level is maintained.
- Analysis of actuals upon a weekly basis with monthly reviews on key general ledger codes such as vehicles, training and recovery.
- Month end processing responsibility including journals and analysis
- Project analysis as and when required
- Production of monthly metrics, KPI’s and newsletter
- Management of network numbers for all projects
- PO creation support
- Maintaining the contractor master data file for all Finance groups and working on continuous improvements with Procurement
- Ownership of key metrics for analysing and maintaining key metrics for the team with weekly reviews.
- Contribute to key process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain close relationships with resourcing, central finance, finance and all site-based field staff and contractors.
- Creation and maintenance of process documentation.
- Supporting the Finance Executive and Finance Manager in all finance related activities
- Maintenance of the month end checklist.
- Ad-hoc reporting requirements where required.
Experience & Skills required:
- Working towards an accounting qualification and/or previous finance experience
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills with the ability to change raw data into meaningful information for reporting
- Knowledge of SAP desirable and strong working knowledge of excel
- Working independently as well as within teams is required.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn
Some travel to sites within the UK on a quarterly basis may be required.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 119845
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Transmission & Distribution Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time