In this position, you will support software build and Quality Assurance (QA) for the NX Nastran application.
Your focus will be on ensuring fast and dependable builds, along with the associated QA testing to ensure Nastran continues to produce correct answers to difficult engineering problems.
You will report to the Software Engineering Manager for the Dynamics, Numerical Methods, and Development Operations Team.
In this role, you will maintain and improve existing build and test infrastructure.
You will leverage your past experience in automated build and testing suites to bring a broader software engineering industry perspective to the Development Operations group.
Your primary responsibilities will be to (1) ensure the efficient operation of Nastran builds and testing across several configurations and OSes; (2) consult on and implement improvements to the build and testing software infrastructure; (3) consult with Nastran developers on improvements to developer tools, and implement said improvements.
Ensuring the correctness of Nastran is essential, and a working knowledge of criteria for ensuring numerical correctness of simulations is key. Additionally, you will be expected to use, and suggest improvements to, both internal and external tools used in the software development process. A good grasp of Agile software development methodologies is helpful.
This position requires minimal travel. Current U.S. work authorization preferred.
- Build, compile, and test a complex application written in several languages, including Fortran, C, and C++, on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Use and improve automated systems for software build and test, including bespoke scripts written in Perl and Python.
- Use a task-based job runner (Celery/RabbitMQ).
- Help design and implement new build, test, and system status dashboards
- Provide guidance and undertake efforts to simplify and improve reliability
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another technical program and experience in building and compiling applications
Job ID: 119850
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time