In this position, you will become an expert in the algorithms and implementations forming the basis for Structural Dynamics simulations using NX Nastran. You will be part of the Nastran Dynamics group, and report to the Software Engineering Manager for the Dynamics, Numerical Methods, and Development Operations Team. In this role, you will develop in-depth knowledge of the details of dynamic and transient simulations using Finite Element Analysis in NX Nastran. You are also expected to become an expert in superelement analyses and Output Transformation Matrix methods. You will design and implement new methods that benefit performance and/or add new capabilities, in addition to maintaining and extending current functionality.
Your primary responsibilities will be to (1) consult with managers and other developers in the estimation, design, and implementation of new features; (2) consult on, and implement improvements to and extensions of, NX Nastran structural dynamics methods, in particular those related to superelements, modal methods, and data recovery; (3) troubleshoot and fix issues reported in Nastran dynamic and transient analyses, with particular emphasis on timely response to customer problems.
Specifically, as relates to item (2), you will be expected to have or gain a thorough understanding of model reduction techniques, such as superelement methods, and data (e.g. stress and strain) recovery. Additionally, you will be expected to act as a vocal proponent of the use of proper programming practices in legacy and modern Fortran, and to provide input on object-oriented design for future products.
- Design and implement complex algorithms for dynamic analyses
- Understand and help refine software requirements
- Build, compile, and debug complex Fortran code, both in-house and externally developed
- Write well designed, written, commented, and tested code
- Document feature use, capabilities, and limitations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- M.Sc. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, or similar Engineering field
- Excellent command of Structural Dynamics fundamentals
- Excellent command of Finite Element Analysis fundamentals
- Fortran 77 proficiency
- Team player
- Excellent English language communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, or similar Engineering field. Specifically,
M.Sc. with 2+ years experience, or Ph.D. in Structural Engineering simulation
- Knowledge of Software Development best practices
- Experience with legacy Fortran code
Some travel (up to 5% time) may be required for conference and workshop attendance.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 119855
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time