As Head of Cranes at Siemens Digital Industries in The Hague, you are expected to take the lead for increasing sales and profitability, heading up a (management) team of professionals and where necessary further developing the Cranes organization realizing highly innovated and complex development projects within a large international engineering company
“We make real what matters”
Gert is looking for a Head of Cranes to lead his dynamic and international Cranes team of almost 60 engineers, project managers and sales people. These people work with passion to create beautiful projects in the world of automating and digitalizing of container yards.
is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens technology.
Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are definitely applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased inter connectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operationally and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
You are an experienced manager with a proven track record and able to lead the Cranes team realizing these highly innovative and complex development projects. The complexity in these projects lays in the project size and the integration of a diversity of systems like: automation and subsystem software, S7, PLC’s, HMI systems, interfaces, drive systems and sensor systems. A typical project lasts for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in The Netherlands & Germany, followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
You will be profit & loss responsible for the overall performance of the Cranes team. You are able to build and maintain the international relationships with our mainly Chinese/ Asian customers and end customers. On the one hand by overlooking the technical complexity and on the other hand by your proven experience in intercultural communication.
“What does this role feel like?”
- Manage a team up to 60 professionals with different nationalities and cultures;
- Increase market share, sales and profitability, both in The Netherlands as international as a Centre of Competence for Cranes;
- Coordinate and managing the technical solution of the project according the high quality standards and project management processes of Siemens;
- Ensure that safety and security standards are met and our solutions are matching regional safety standards;
- Create and develop client contact and customer intimacy;
- which requires being at customer locations worldwide regularly.
"What do you need to make real what matters?”
- Completed HBO / TU degree preferably in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation / Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 4 years proven experience in the field of complex automation projects;
- At least 6 years’ experience in an engineering environment;
- Knowledge and experience of industrial (Ethernet) networks and IT security;
- Project management experience, including working within project teams for at least 3 years;
- Business fluent English, Dutch and if possible German;
- Ability to think and act practical and solution-oriented;
- Driver's license B;
- Good interpersonal and business skills, flexible attitude, stress resistant;
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally.
“We have quite a lot to offer, but what’s in it for you?”
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees. You will be part of an international network. We offer excellent primary and secondary employment conditions such as a good salary and annual attractive variable income & continuous development opportunities.
“We don’t need superheroes, but super minds”
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we really want to meet you! The application deadline is August 5, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Marianne van Ruyven, tel. 06 1020 43 60.
Screening and an online assessment are part of the application process.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.