Site Safety and Health Officer
Your challenge will be to manage, develop and supervise all constructions phases or services and having the overall responsibility for the contractor's Safety & Health organization.
You will get involved developments of APP and AHA’s, technical solution design, development of specs for subcontractors, etc. This role will be based in Rota, (Cadiz) and will require travel throughout Spain.
ensure the requirements of 29 CFR 1926.16 are met for the project.
* Develop and manage APP and AHA’s
* Ensure a culture of safety on the jobsite
* Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections. Attach safety inspection logs to the Contractors' daily production report.
* Conduct mishap investigations and complete required accident reports. Report mishaps and near misses.
* Use OSHA's Form 300 to log work-related injuries and illnesses occurring on the project site for Prime Contractors and subcontractors. Post and maintain the Form 300 on the site Safety Bulletin Board.
* Maintain applicable safety reference material on the job site.
* Attend the preconstruction conference, prework meetings including preparatory meetings, and periodic in-progress meetings.
* Review the APP and DRAs for compliance with EM 385-1-1, and approve, sign, implement and enforce them.
* Establish a Safety and Occupational Health (SOH) Deficiency Tracking System that lists and monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution.
* Ensure subcontractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
* Maintain a list of hazardous chemicals on site and their material Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
* Maintain a weekly list of high hazard activities involving energy, equipment, excavation, entry into confined space, and elevation, and be prepared todiscuss details during QC Meetings.
* Provide and keep a record of site safety orientation and indoctrination for Contractor employees, subcontractor employees, and site visitors.
* Degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or Building Science.
* Experience with the Navy Corps of Engineers and Federal contracting is highly desired.
* Dispose of the course entitled "40 Hour Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Training Course for Contractors- and maintain a current certificate (offered by the Naval Facilities Engineering Command and the Army Corps of Engineers) in addition to the qualifications in EM 385-1-1paragraph 01.A.17.
* Familiar with requirements of USACE EM 385-1 1, and experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance.
* The 30-hour OSHA General Industry safety class and the EM 385-1-1
* Five (5) years of continuous construction industry safety experience in supervising/managing general construction (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls)
* Five (5) years of continuous general industry safety experience in supervising/ managing generalindustry (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls)
* Ability to complete work independently in a timely manner
* Skilled at instilling a team atmosphere with contractors, subcontractors and employees
* Ability to resolve problems and find solutions
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 120003
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time