Here at Siemens Industry Software we are looking for an Application Support Engineer, who will be part of the Help Desk Product Support team, providing Product Support and Help Desk Services for Manufacturing Operation Management software solutions (MES/Shopfloor Applications). The position will be based in Genova.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Schedule calls and workload by determining & prioritizing the impact a software defect is having at a customer's site;
- Assess software performance and determine satisfaction of the correct design intent;
- Regularly exercise discretion and judgment during customer consultations to decide whether issue is a Problem Report;
- Coordinates with customer teams (engineers and managers) to develop or enhance complex computer-aided engineering design or manufacturing processes;
- Use computer-aided systems to assist and instruct customer engineers on large scale, complex design and tooling tasks involving multiple design environments;
- Instruct other engineers in the design, development, and implementation of large scale, complex graphical application programs on multiple software products and hardware platforms;
- Define business and technical feedback to software and hardware vendors;
- Manage advanced data exchange methodologies to facilitate effective data sharing between dissimilar systems or applications that span across engineering disciplines;
- Provide technical guidance to customer engineers in the application of design techniques and system procedures related to computer-aided engineering software;
- Work with general or limited supervision on complex projects.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Very good/excellent English (written and spoken);
- Strong communication skills and experience as Customer interface (including reporting and presentation skills);
- Good technical skills are strongly appreciated;
- On-call availability and sporadic on-site support sessions at Customer's sites.
- Nice to have qualifications:
- Working experience at Technical Support as well as ITIL Service Management standard know-how is a plus;
- IT infrastructure analysis and troubleshooting (HW, network, Virtualization);
- SQL Server/Oracle administration/performance tuning;
- .Net/C#, Java, HTML5 coding/debugging;
- Know-how about Siemens MOM Products as well as industrial automation, regulations and processes.
Job ID: 120004
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.R.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time