Solar PV On-site Project Superintendent
Siemens drives building performance and energy efficiency through the entire building life cycle, this is where the Project Superintendent skills become critical to our success and why we need you to join our Building Performance and Sustainability team within Smart Infrastructure.
Your challenge will responsible for the day-to-day execution construction Solar PV project with Project Managers, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure the project remains on schedule within allocated budget. Regularly supervises work of employees and subcontractors; inspects and verifies work in progress. Strictly enforces compliance with safety procedures.
Responsible for direct supervision of specific construction project. Obtain successful cost results with respect to labor and material. Insure all construction quality is performed at an acceptable level. Is responsible for on-site liaisons with owner’s and owner’s representatives and must provide client satisfaction. This role will be based in Rota, (Cadiz) and will require travel throughout the Spain.
- Is in complete and responsible charge of project construction. Coordinates and directs all trades on the project, including subcontractors.
- Preplans and schedules project activity on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, as required.
- Responsible for holding weekly subcontractor meeting with all subcontractors.
- Responsible for building, updating and pushing a 4 week look ahead schedule. This is separate from project schedules.
- In conjunction with Project Manager and General Superintendent, plans and develops construction techniques and methods, such as form work, tilt-up panel layout, material handling, crew sizes, and task sequencing.
- Responsible and accountable for holding required preparatory meetings.
- Prepares Daily Reports and keeps accurate, daily reports of all project activities.
- Assists Project Manager in soliciting qualified subcontractors. Monitors subcontractor’s performance and scheduling and keeps Project Manager and General Superintendent apprised of any job related delay.
- Responsible for perceiving and reporting to the Project Manager any extra work requested by the owner, or occasioned by job conditions, which is beyond the original estimate or scope of work.
- Responsible for verifying layout of accurate lines and grades for all work performed by employees and subcontractors. Checks and verifies dimensions within the design drawings and as related shop drawings.
- Responsible for day-to-day quality control of both company-performed work and subcontractors work.
- Is directly responsible for on-site safety and accident control and investigates and reports all accidents immediately. Holds safety meetings weekly and implements effective safety practices.
- Responsible for on-site training of employees in an effort to build a strong and knowledgeable work force.
- In addition to the above, it is expected that special duties will be assigned from time to time. It is further understood that these special duties will be performed as if they were included in this description of position.
- Directs activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings, or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
- Works in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or Building Science.
- Excellent language skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience with the Navy Corps of Engineers and Federal contracting is highly desired.
- Familiar with requirements of USACE EM 385-1-1, and experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance.
- Five (5) years as a Superintendent on medium/large construction Solar PV projects.
- Ability to complete work independently in a timely manner.
- Skilled at instilling a team atmosphere with contractors, sub-contractors and employees.
- Ability to resolve problems and find solutions.
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 120008
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time