The Siemens Building Performance and Sustainability team offer a comprehensive portfolio stretching from strategic advisory services in energy management and energy supply to energy and building efficiency audits and projects, a wide range of continuous optimization services and measurement, verification and reporting. The target markets include private and public real estate companies, hospitals, and industrial manufacturing companies, from single site facilities to national, pan-European or Global building portfolios.
Siemens drives building performance and energy efficiency through the entire building life cycle, this is where the Solutions Energy Engineer skills become critical to our success and why we need you to join our Building Performance and Sustainability team within Smart Infrastructure.
Your challenge will be to develop, design and deliver the most appropriate solutions to reduce energy, operational and maintenance cost based on the financial constraints and requirements of the customer. You will get involved industry and building audits, technical solution design, cost calculations, development of specs for subcontractors, developments of baseline, measurement and verfication concepts etc. This role will be based in Valencia and will require travel throughout the Spain.
- Conducts building site visits, analyze current situation and produces facility improvement measures plans.
- Engage with the people in the various industry and building, understand the challenges, the energy usage and patterns, how the plant is operated and controlled, how the plant is providing and using energy within the industry/building, compare the design to what is being used (e.g. as to identify changes in operation) and upon delivering a detailed facility audit, to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or opportunities.
- Coordinates and leads facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMS described above.
- Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
- Leads or assists in the development of preliminary and final performance contracting proposals. Analyzes blue prints and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
- Full ownership of design and solution from idea to contract including energy audits, cost calculations, design and specifications, sub-contractor procurement and measurement and verification.
- Close interaction and cooperation with the Siemens European Energy Centre of Competence.
- Ensure service development process including internal stakeholder management and handover from to service or project fulfillment.
- Active monitoring for new trends and solutions in the market to enhance the offerings.
- Large experience with plant and control optimization on industry and buildings market.
- Certified Energy Manager and/or CMVP qualification is an advantage.
- Having experience with a number of various Building Management Systems (BMS), highly advantageous
- You will have an excellent understanding of the technical infrastructure, and technologies and how to redesign existing systems to become more energy, operational and maintenance efficient
- Theoretical background to be able to calculate the effect of system adjustments or exchange of equipment in combination with field experience, i.e. have a deep understanding about the practical use of ventilation, heating, cooling, heat recovery, process optimization, etc…
- Excellent language skills in verbal and written English
- You are most likely a civil/mechanical/energy engineer with work experience in energy efficiency project and services
- Experience of Distributed Energy Systems would be an advantage
- Proven record of engagement in Energy Performance Contracts is a strong
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 120011
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time