Siemens is looking for a Field Service Engineer for our Sector Company Siemens Power Service, Distributed Generation and Oil&Gas in Tribogna (GE).
The candidate, reporting to the Field Service Manager, will be responsible for the service activities on rotating equipment and turbomachinery, as turbo compressor, expanders and steam turbines, to be executed in Field or into the workshop. This position is responsible for performing basic to advanced maintenance functions, procedures, activities and responsibilities associated with working on rotating equipment and turbomachinery, as turbo compressors, expanders and steam turbines. Duties include learning from and assisting other senior level technicians with servicing, troubleshooting, installation, and commissioning of this kind of rotating equipment and turbomachinery, as upper described.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage?
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times while providing outstanding customer service that aligns with Siemens Visions and values.
- Responsible for submitting accurate field service reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
- Responsible for performance of the job activities in a manner consistent with the project goals and objectives.
- Possess knowledge and ability to diagnose rotating equipment (turbo compressor, expanders and steam turbines) failures.
- All duties and responsibilities could include a large amount of (multi state) travel at short notice including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to complete, accurate, and timely rebuilds/overhauls of turbo compressors, expanders and steam turbines in the field in adverse conditions without supervision.
- Possess knowledge and ability to respond and repair recurring problems and emergency services as needed independently.
- Knowledge and ability to perform mechanical inspection using micrometers, pressure gauges, electronic diagnostic equipment and other specialty tools with little to no guidance.
- Must recognize and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- At least 5-8 years experience in a similar role
- Technical Diploma
- Fluent in Italian and in English (written and spoken). A third language will be a plus.
- Experience in working with different culture, languages and of educational and customer needs, will be a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and work in all climates and temperatures to do repairs on equipment
- Ability to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
What can we further offer?
· Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
· An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
· Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
· Shareholding plans for the employee;
· Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
· Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
· Meal totally paid by the company;
· Company’ s car, Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data.
For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
ContactsFor further information or questions you can contact:
Job ID: 120061
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time