Title: Data Engineer
What are my responsibilities?
As a Data Engineer, you are required to:
• Develop prototypes and proof of concepts using multiple data-sources
• Prepare, pre-process structured / unstructured data in-order to facilitate effective data analytics.
• Develop technical solutions which combine information to create meaningful insights for business (supportive role along with Data Scientist/ Architect)
• Stay curious and enthusiastic about using related technologies to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit in business domain
Qualification: Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science & Engineering, or equivalent. Professional Degree in Data Science / Engineering is desirable. Basic understanding on Statistics.
Experience level: At least 2 - 3 years hands-on experience in the area of DB; data analytics framework; with working experience on Data Engineering in atleast 2 projects.
Desired Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience in DB technologies like SQL, Teradata, Hadoop .
• Experience in data exploration, parsing, ETL tasks, text pre-processing.
• Experience with analytics frameworks like SAS.
• Experience in Python, Numpy, Pandas, NLTK
• Experience with Sci-kit learn, Keras would be additional advantage.
Required Soft-skills & Other Capabilities:
• Great attention to detail and good analytical abilities.
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions
• Ability to work independently and also in a global team environment.