Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Welding Engineer to work with our team of engineers to ensure that our manufacturing processes and equipment reliably deliver products of the highest quality, at the right cost, and on time to ensure our customer needs are met. The Welding Engineer will also be responsible for ensure compliance to code as well as developing our welding techniques, processes and designs for the next generation of products.
As the Welding Engineer you’ll be working alongside our quality, materials and R&D departments as part of our team driving continuous improvement activities, as well as developing other welding technicians and engineers to further enhance our processes. If you have excellent communication skills and can effectively manage a wide range of complex technical issues with an eye for detail and problem solving, then we would love to hear from you.
Your mission and responsibilities:
· Technical responsibility for welding activities, ensuring code compliance to ASME 8, EN 13445 and PED.
· Providing welding technical support to process and engineering teams to ensure business requirements (KPI’s) are achieved.
· In partnership with engineering, introduce new products into production, identify, assess and develop future technologies and processes.
· Resolve welding related technical issues and produce reports around these issues.
· Interaction with notified bodies, internal audit teams and suppliers.
· Ensure that safe working practices are in place, driving a high safety, zero-harm culture.
· Continuously develop supplier relationships and performance in partnership with Procurement & Quality deptartments.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/about/factories/smt
Your qualifications and experience:
· Hold European Welding Engineer qualification (or Welding Technician/Specialist with extensive experience).
· Degree qualified (preferably in an Engineering, Science or, Manufacturing related subject) or extensive equivalent experience.
· Substantial experience in welding stainless steel pressure vessels and within the requirements of EN 13445 and ASME 8.
· Experience working with regulatory bodies and report writing surrounding welding topics.
· Proven track record in developing manufacturing techniques, processes and designs.
· Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams would be preferable.
Your personality and skills:
· Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues and develop cross functional relationships.
What are the benefits in this role?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Job ID: 120189
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time