Media is a core function of SLC CM to help achieve the business goals of Siemens China. Through our media activities we aim to create and develop a consistent, uniform, credible and positive image of Siemens amongst the media and our key target groups. Through pro-active and targeted dialogue with the media we want to achieve frequent coverage in key media for Siemens China in line with our corporate key messages. We aim to closely coordinate all media work with the Business Groups in China to ensure that we communicate with 'one voice' and effectively leverage our key achievements and success stories.
Siemens Ltd., China is looking for one Media Relations senior specialist working in CM department in Beijing.
What are my responsibilities?
- As member of media/PR team, clearly understand the Siemens Corporate strategy, business development plan, SLC CM’s strategy and communications plan, communication policies and guidelines
- Support Media and PR team to plan, coordinate and implement communication projects
- Build up and maintain a standard message cockpit about Siemens including press profiles, project profiles, media profiles, clipping reports, photo pool etc.
- Act as *key account manager- for designated regions/provinces and plan and implement regional/provincial communication projects as well as develop and strengthen communication media relations
- Act as *key account manager- for designated business groups/corporate departments, support and coordinate internal communication with business groups and corporate departments to ensure a timely and relevant flow of information
- Act as *topic owner- of a wide variety of corporate topics
- Plan, draft and check corporate communications documents including press releases, corporate statements, presentations, briefing papers, message papers, management board speeches and other manuscripts for the press and / or external events
- Build up and maintain on a sustainable basis a solid and wide network with general/business/financial/local media across the country
- Help update/maintain news related parts on intranet/internet -Responsible for media monitoring
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or above major in English language, journalism, communications are preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English, excellent translation skills
- Fluency with standard business software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and a general aptitude for quantitative analysis
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of media and PR industry in China and solid and wide media networks
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience. Prior journalistic experience is strongly preferred.
- Self determination, great in communication skills, team player, result and quality orientation, professional ethics
What else do I need to know
Siemens AG is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. For 147 years since its entering into China in 1872, Siemens has pioneered cooperation with the country with its solutions, technologies and products. In fiscal 2018 (October 1, 2017 - September 30, 2018), Siemens generated revenue of €8.1 billion in China, with over 34,000 employees. By fiscal 2018, the company had 21 R&D hubs, more than 5,000 R&D and engineering staff, and around 13,000 active patents and patent applications in China. Siemens has become an integral part of the Chinese economy and society, and continues to partner with the country to address her pursuit of sustainable development.
Job ID: 120207
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time