Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as an Applications Specialist based in Gauteng.
As an Informatics Specialist you are responsible for providing high quality level informatic support for Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostic instrumentation, supporting LIS and LAS interfaces, Middle Ware Products and Remote Application Solutions. Your responsibilities would include solving problems of a general nature as well as the ability to provide IT support working with LIS providers in solving difficult performance issue. In addition, identifying training needs and providing training in support of those needs, technical and administrative advice and technical performance management are part of your role.
Your tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise, technical support and leadership to the Siemens Laboratory Diagnostic service and sales organizations in the areas of systems networking and connectivity for all Siemens Laboratory Diagnostic instruments, Middle Ware and Remote troubleshooting applications during pre-installation, installation, and post installation support.
- Increase customer satisfaction and productivity by providing outstanding, high-quality customer application education and support, incl. turnover training and further continuative education, thereby optimize customer training experience
- Act as a customer advocate in resolving customer instrument interfacing issues, counselling customers, vendors and third-party Vendors on innovative, corrective and preventative measures.
- Be able to develop and validate scripts in order to optimize workflow, especially for automation systems.
- Responsible for always following the Siemens Healthineers complaint handling guidelines with prompt attention to internal and external requests. Promptly escalate Siemens Laboratory Diagnostic instrument and Middle Ware product issue regarding system networking, software operation and connectivity issues.
- Act as a liaison between Siemens Healthineers customers and LIS vendors to promote smooth installation and operation of all Siemens Laboratory Diagnostic instrumentation and associated communications to the LIS and LAS.
- Utilize, promote and optimize Real-time Solutions to proactively support the installation base with the aim of increasing profitability, and enhancing overall customer satisfaction by improving uptime and efficiency in their labs.
- Work closely with the EMEA MESA Technical and Application Support Team recommending Middle Ware and Real Time Solutions improvements, service manual revisions and pin pointing any informatic needs which may arise.
- Manage and control the distribution of Middle Ware and RTS information including Tips and Tricks for product line(s) responsibility within the region. Lead regular regional teleconferences as needed and always participate in EMEA MESA Technical and Application support hosted conference calls and or Exchange/ Focus meetings.
- Contribute to achieving the Mission, Values, and Vision of the company. always maintain strict compliance to ethical principles and Health, Safety, and Quality norms of the company.
- Results orientated
- Customer focused
- Professional and ethical
- Team Player
- High levels of self determination
- Problem solver with Initiative
- Fast learner
Your qualifications and experience:
- B.S or College Degree in Information System or Computer Science with 3-5 years’ experience in installing/supporting/ repairing/Networking Systems and associated information systems. Preferably in a Health Care Environment.
- IT professional certifications and Security Administration and Configuration experience
- A deep technical understanding of Healthcare Diagnostics products, especially Informatics requirements in the regulated Medical Device industry from both the interfacing, remote troubleshooting and script development site.
- A high degree of computer literacy with knowledge of operating systems, Networks and Interface protocols (LIS and LAS), strong Ethernet and TCP/IP protocol stack knowledge, browser configurations, internet connectivity configurations- both dialup and broadband and firewall configurations.
- Familiarity with using
the application system tools required to provide technical support e.g.:
Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Suite- Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, SAP, Acrobat, PC Anywhere.
- Familiarity in a service-related environment, and sound knowledge of the medical device industry understanding DX quality and Compliance systems and the range of equipment used.
- Dependability, capability to come to decisions and sound informatics troubleshooting skills and the ability of teaching
- Knowledge of Siemens Healthcare product portfolio
- Knowledge of relevant competitors
- Communication and customer interaction skills, incl. conflict handling
- Presentation and demonstration skills
- Adult Teaching / Learning Methods
- Customer interaction skills
- English language skills advanced
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience in a clinic or equivalent background involving clinical and medical technology expertise
- Work experience with Siemens systems preferable
- Intercultural experience is a plus
- Substantial experience in the diagnostics industry, especially in the Informatic area. Broad technical knowledge in the field of diagnostic systems, especially microprocessor technology, PC-systems and operating systems, IT networks, LIS and LAS protocols, instrument interfaces and protocols & basic medical knowledge.
- Substantial experience in a service-related environment in the In-Vitro-Vivo diagnostics market understanding regulatory needs and "best informatic practices & processes" whilst accommodating the need for country -specific operational diversity. Manage proactive informatics initiatives following the company guidelines and procedures.
- Informatics lead capable of influencing service and product support organizations not directly reporting to this position is a must. In addition, the ability to communicate effectively with the multi-disciplined technical staff within the department, as well as external contacts including the EMEA MESA Technical and Application Support Team and customers.
- Must be sensitive to diversity in culture, language-ability, economic and political constraints, customer-expectations, regulatory requirements, etc.
- This role provides support mainly for the Gauteng region however you may be required to support other regions and countries.
- You need to have a valid passport
- You need to have a valid South African drivers license.
- You must not have restrictions to travel within SADC and abroad.
- Must be a South African National, preferably from a designated diversity group
- Excellence, Quality and Compliance in the daily interactions, operations and reporting is not a negotiable requirement, but absolutely mandatory for this role.
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 120257
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time