Join us here at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems as a Maintenance Engineer in Normanton, responsible for all maintenance and inspection of traffic signals assets, ancillary equipment and/or other highways systems.
You will also be responsible for routine and corrective maintenance of equipment including optical maintenance as defined by the Company and contractual requirements. Undertake all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities.
- Routine and corrective maintenance of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and/or other highways systems
- Periodic Inspections of traffic signal assets, ancillary equipment and / or highways systems equipment including electrical testing
- Accurate collection and processing of data to enable fault free analysis of equipment performance
- Analysis of data to assess performance of equipment within contractual requirements, ensuring correct storage of information once process complete.
- Out of hours working to support service contract requirements Standby for emergency repairs
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training. In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible.
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role.
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers), ancillary equipment and/or highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team.
The Maintenance Engineer (You)
Your great technical skills coupled with your self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability to a continuously changing business environment will be key to this role. You will move from one activity or work area to another quickly and effectively, learning new activities, picking up new jobs confidently and easily.
- HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar, desirable
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time.
- IT - familiarity with product specific software
- Ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Organisation – prioritisation of tasks, attention to detail
- Must hold full UK Driving License.
- Experience of working outside, working at heights, working as part of a team and working unsupervised, testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment, working on traffic signal equipment, highly advantageous
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 120277
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time