ADAS Simulation Engineer for Prescan
Location: Rijswijk office
Simcenter Prescan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of active safety and (Highly) Automated Driving systems. Prescan offers high-fidelity simulation models of all sensors relevant for automated driving, and a simulation environment for virtual testing of algorithms for autonomous braking, lane keeping, accident avoidance, etc…
To strengthen the team and to create new functionality for our Prescan software suite, we have an immediate opening for an experienced ADAS Simulation Engineer.
In this role you will closely work with the other product development engineers (software engineers in your Agile scrum team, product managers, customer support engineers) to use and extend our Prescan Cluster environment for automation of simulation scenarios for autonomous driving. This environment allows our customers to run hundreds of simulation experiments to check and validate correct behavior of the sensor capturing and processing chain, under a wide set of varying conditions.
You will use the automation capabilities and programming APIs in the system to set up such tests and provide feedback to the development team on the usage and performance to optimize the design for our end users.
You will also create demonstration content and present that to customers from time to time.
You will work with state-of-the-art tools to increase productivity and quality of our software and expand your knowledge on experiment design and result analysis to assess the performance of our solutions.
Required Background & Education:
· Education level: MSc or BSc Engineering (or IT) with a few years of experience in using advanced software tools in an engineering context, preferably in the automotive or aerospace domain.
· ADAS/AD engineering background, ideally in the automotive industry
· Experience with MATLAB and Simulink is a strong advantage.
· Experience with Linux and/or Python is a plus.
· Knowledge of tools (like HEEDS) or methods for optimization or Design Of Experiments (DOE) is an advantage.
· Experience with cloud-based systems, such as Azure/AWS and/or orchestrators like Kubernetes is useful.
· Good understanding of an OO programming language like C++ or C# is a plus.
· Working experience with the Atlassian tool suite (i.e. Jira Agile, FishEye, Confluence) or similar.
We are looking for a strong team player with an analytical mindset, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, inspiring, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems. Our ideal candidate also feels at ease with meeting customers and presenting our solutions to them.
Job ID: 120295
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software and Services B.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time