As the world’s only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from renewables, power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Protection and Automation Engineer to join our Smart Infrastructure (SI) group on our Digital Grid team. Based in our Perth (WA) office, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has enormous market potential.
Reporting to the Portfolio Consulting Manager, the Protection and Automation Engineer will be required to perform substation protection and control design and parameterization as well as supporting the customer with technical presentation and training deliveries. You will need to assist the project team and the customer in the development of the design plans, specifications and philosophy documents to meet customer requirements, perform testing and commissioning as required. You also need to support the sales executives in acquiring new projects, strong business acumen skills such as communication, negotiation and stakeholder management are strongly preferred.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following:
• Electronic Engineering qualification with specialization in electrical power systems (generation, distribution, transmission grids)
• In-depth experience in Electrical Protection Systems (Relays, protection settings and tests), Control Systems (RTUs, SCADAs) and Communication Systems and Protocols (Ethernet, SDH, IEC 61850, DNP 3, Modbus, IEC104)
• In-depth experience in protection system design and commissioning for electrical substations
• Familiarity with SIPROTEC and SICAM product families, including operation, tests and design
• Good knowledge of programming languages (C, Visual Basic, STL, SCL, CFC)
If you are an experienced Protection and Automation Engineer looking for a new challenge with a global technology leader, then this role is a great opportunity.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.