Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
About 'Order Acquisition' as a function:
- Leveraging cross functional knowledge & collaboration for estimating optimum yet sustainable cost in real time - as a back end support to sales
- Contribute to competitiveness and profitability of Siemens products and solutions by challenging requirements and related costs
- It is part of Technical Services department in Operations - Steam Turbine business.
Scope (Dimension) of 'Order Acquisition' Function:
· Supporting a range of Industrial Steam Turbines & Heat Exchangers: for local & export market keeping the customer at core
Objective & Responsibilities:
- Product cost estimation - Steam Turbine & Condenser out of Vadodara factory
- Prepare & maintain logical database of cost elements across product range & against design variants/features
- Bench marking of cost inputs like raw material rates, process rates, machining rates/hours, assembly hours against design data
- Preparing cost catalog for standard variants and machines
- Update about: cost positions to sales/proposal & cost optimization measures to sourcing/execution
- Coordination with stakeholders like sales, proposal, procurement, engineering, order execution, manufacturing, R&D & global network
- Strategic support to sourcing decisions
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing industry
- Experience in - Engineering / Proposals / Order management / Procurement will be preferred
- of manufacturing processes like casting, forging, drawing, fabrication, machining, coating, packing etc.
- Interpret engineering drawings and Bill of Materials
- Strategic orientation & Data Analytics skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel & Understanding of SAP
- Agile, Team player, quick learner, result oriented , growth mindset, Collaborator & Proactive
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 120406
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time