Business Development Manager – Criminal Enforcement
Home based Position
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies. We improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
Our Criminal Enforcement team at Siemens are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our forward-thinking energetic business. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the mobility industry, where we transform and digitalize the way the UK commutes. With the aim to make more efficient ‘smart cities’ globally.
In the role of Business Development Manager - Criminal Enforcement, you will work to improve Siemens’ market position and achieve financial growth in the growing ANPR Criminal Enforcement market. The role requires the definition of long-term strategic goals, building key customer and industry partner relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals, in addition to maintaining knowledge of this market market place. This is a senior sales position, requiring the ability to build close working relationships with customers, industry bodies and partners, supply chain partners, Siemens TS internal departments and other Siemens BUs.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and deliver profitable, sustainable and persuasive operational relationships, customer relationships and growth.
- Identify and understand Criminal enforcement market dynamics and opportunities through close engagement with customers, supply chain partners, industry and Government bodies.
- Working with internal and external partners, including supply chain, develop growth strategies, defining risks and potentials for growth.
- Identify, propose and screen potential business deals - both direct and through chosen business partners.
- Develop relationships with new clients, whilst growing and retaining existing accounts through the provision of additional equipment and new solutions.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts (with appropriate Commercial and Legal support) where necessary.
- Maintain professional network and Siemens visibility through the participation in industry events and professional organizations.
- Work with internal functions to ensure continued integration of delivery within core business functions and existing processes.
- Identification and active participation and contribution to industry and related events, publications and announcements.
- Track and record activity on accounts. Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
The role will also involve close liaison with Field Services, Engineering, Sales, Tendering and Product Management in particular and require regular engagement with the Senior Management Team.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- The role requires excellent communication skills, with customers, external partners and internal colleagues at all levels.
- A passion for business development is key
- The ability to undertake detailed and accurate analysis of market data and to synthesize and justify strategies and solutions that will be of economic benefit to the company is critical.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least Degree standard or equivalent.
- A sales or commercial background, coupled with a formal business qualification and experience within the automotive, traffic or ANPR industry is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will also ideally demonstrate a pro-active approach and have proven relationship buildings skills evidenced in a business development, sales and marketing, commercial or engineering environment.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 120416
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time