Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Mechanical Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow. Working with Package Solutions Engineering, you will be based at the services headquarters in Warwick and will work with a diverse team of Engineers across the Siemens Aero-Derivative Gas Turbine organisation.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development.
Change the future with us.
You will apply Engineering knowledge and expertise within the Siemens Aero-derivative product line which includes the Package and ancillary systems, Gas Turbine / Generator and Power Turbine to:
- Own and run Safety and Reliability investigations and fleet improvement programmes; analysing fleet data to identify common or reoccurring issues, make use of recognised and appropriate Root Cause Analysis techniques, documenting and report findings appropriately, prepare and present potential solutions and improvement opportunities to the business while working to meaningful time scales.
- Develop solutions and updates which can be offered to existing fleet operators for retrofit, identifying scope, leading external resources to time and budget, developing and executing Verification and Validation strategy.
- Document site installation and testing procedures in order to communicate with field service and customer representatives during the Installation & commissioning phase.
- Author relevant User Documentation such as Troubleshooting Guides or Service Bulletins.
- Collaborate with customers to present updates on technical issues being worked.
- Work with our regional based Technical Support teams and Operational Service Desk in supporting customers with urgent operational issues which require specialist Product or Engineering knowledge.
- Travel overseas and offshore may be required on occasion in support of main responsibilities.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Experience of working with industrial aero-derivative gas turbine technology or similar industrial products for Oil & Gas or Energy industry would be advantageous, but experience from other industries with transferrable skills could also be considered.
- You will be able to problem solve, conduct Root Cause Analysis and effectively communicate findings.
- Working knowledge of change/configuration management tools and processes, as well as experience with other IT related tools and software for business analytics and project management.
- Practitioner of a Systems Engineering approach to product improvement is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and reporting skills in English is important, with an appreciation of cultural differences that comes with a global customer base.
- High level of customer understanding and customer focus.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralised flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Closing date for applications: 20th January 2020
Job ID: 120547
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time