Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees.
It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our team as Technical Support Specialist - Chemistry to work as part of our RSC (Remote Services Centre) providing problem analysis and technical clarification support services to both internal and external customers.
This is a home-based role (75% Home Based and 25% customer sites), can be based anywhere in the UK and will cover customers Nationally.
Your mission and responsibilities:
As a Technical Support Specialist, the successful candidate will be working as part of the UK Laboratory Diagnostics (LD) technical support Clinical Chemistry help desk team covering the full range of products. Through the technical call clarification process they aim to achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for Siemens Healthineers products, thereby ensuring continued profitable growth of the Healthineers business.
This role requires the individual to demonstrate the ability to analyse, remotely troubleshoot, repair, maintain and support clinically the full range of Clinical Chemistry equipment in the UK. Additionally they must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and address customer support issues promptly and professionally.
As part of a small product technical support team the candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to customers over the phone. The job holder will be expected to provide a vital technical call clarification service support over all products, working very closely with the factory technical escalation staff, sales and field application support teams, as well as with the Customer Support Centre based in Frimley.
This is a home-based role so a flexible approach to travel is required; out of hours support and shift working will be required. The jobholder will be required to provide remote as well as field based technical support and command a high level of analytical skills. Attendance of training courses, customer training and technical seminars in the UK and abroad is required. The successful candidate will be required to participate in help desk shift rota as part of the Customer Care centres support process.
- Provide daily technical call clarification as part of the customer care centre process.
- Provide all types of on-site escalated technical support at a national level, in close liaison with CS management. This may require the job holder to travel to a customer site anywhere in the UK at short notice.
- Provide reports, technical analysis, benchmarking and product technical information to all stakeholders within CS as required.
- Work in cooperation with the customer care centre , carry out reactive service, where necessary
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with CS processes, local rules and health and safety policy.
- Provide technical coaching/training for engineers or customers as instructed by CS management team as required
- Conduct call, parts and modification technical vetting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide on-site support for all CS related technical activity involving your chosen modalities products on a national level.
Experience - Essential
- Proven experience using, supporting and repairing the full range of clinical chemistry products
- Trained and demonstrable experience (technical and clinical) within a range of clinical chemistry products
- An understanding of clinical modality applications and lab based workflow
- Demonstrable experience of technical problem resolution
- A working knowledge of fault analysis and resolution
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with staff and customers at all levels.
Experience - Desirable
- IT skills, including an understanding & remote support troubleshooting, lab base network solutions and Networking infrastructure as well as current IT technologies is desirable
- Demonstrable technical report writing skills
- Strong communication skills written and verbal in English
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to develop positive customer relationships
- Ability to analyse, plan, report and act on technical issues
Candidates will be home-based and self motivated. They will need to work effectively supporting customers in the customer care centre and also willing to travel to any part of the UK. The candidate should have flexibility with regard to working hours and may spend time away from home occasionally. From time to time the nature of Siemens Healthineers business dictates that the candidate may be expected to work outside normal hours or weekend days thereby spending nights away from home in order to meet business needs.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at;https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/diagnostics-it/remote-monitoring/realtime-solutions/features-benefits
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory
diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 120557
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time