Together we are driving Austria forward We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
General and Task Management
· Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet cost, quality and capacity. Ensures that suppliers can meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components and other applicable customer and internal system and reputation requirements
· Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and own supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
· Provide Manufacturing, Processing and Gauging Recommendations to Suppliers, and internally to Procurement and Supplier Quality Department .
· Track the supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations
· Assist in the development of control plans, equipment layouts, and processes at assigned suppliers to maximize quality efficiency and productivity.
· Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of components.
· Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
· Contribute to continuous improvement activities
· Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
· Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
· Communicate efficiently throughout procurement and directly with supplier’s management
· Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
· Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change
· Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative
· approach to working together
· Proactively contributes to the team
· Is self-aware and ability to work on own initiative
· Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
· Experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and program management
· Experience in developing and implementing vendor qualification
· Knowledge of quality and business systems
· Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
· Vast experience with cross functional management
· Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Planning and prioritizing activities
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong negotiation and influential skills
· Ability to present data effectively
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
· BS Degree Mechanical, Mechatronics or Industrial Engineering Degree
· Substantial experience in a manufacturing environment
· Substantial experience in supplier development
· Over 10 years experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
· Willingness to Travel: > 70%
What else should I know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is at least EUR 53.200,00 (full-time). Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your representative online application!
Job ID: 120601
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time