Technical Manager Mechanical - Rolling Stock (H/F)
You are part of Siemens fully automated turnkey VAL&Neoval business. Within the Vehicle Department, your area of responsibility covers all technical aspects of the Val/Neoval platforms on all mechanical components or subsystems, save the carbody shell. You are member of the Technical Management team and reports to its team leader. You are responsible to address all technical issues reported by projects in your area on competence and to propose the relevant action plans to fix them and in your position. You continuously look for cost platform competitiveness improvements. You are entitled to propose platform evolutions or modifications, submitted to management approval. You act as the expert reference to projects and bids in your area of responsibility.
Area of Responsibility:
• Pilot mechanical activities in compliance with QCD commitments for the Projects and in strict compliance with the platform,
• Plan and pilot mechanical activities and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
• Ensure the deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
• Report on his/her activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
• Contribute to the preparation of Design Reviews according project schedule and follow-up the main open actions.
• Monitor the Mechanical Sub-Systems/equipment deliveries conformity with project needs.
• Resolve Project Mechanical issues and challenging actions
• Analyze and consolidate change requests impacts on mechanical scope
• Report on mechanical activities progress, anticipating issues (capacity, skills, rule applicability, etc.) and alert if needed.
• Establish vehicle layout with bogie architecture principle and define mass and center of gravity per vehicle type and bogie
• Define train mechanical architecture taking into account weight, gauge, installation strategy, acoustics, eco design, ergonomics, aerodynamics, aeraulic… in close collaboration with the technical manager Carbody
• Define mitigation plans covering a risk identified on mechanical scope.
• Define Project Mechanical Decomposition (PBS), and mock up
• Collaborate with other units involved
• Establish Certification & Validation Plans for mechanical scope.
Position located in Toulouse (31-France) , Frequent Business trips (France-Worldwide),
• Mechanical engineer preferably applied to Railway products
• 3 years minimum experience in Transport activities, Railways preferably
• Technical competencies: Railway knowledge and associated standards
• The knowledge of tools such as Catia V5, Creo is mandatory
• Attracted by challenges
• Good relational skills
• Proactive personality
• Good adaptability
• English is mandatory. Another language (especially German) is an added value
• Team minded and supporting