Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join Smart Infrastructure as a Quality Environmental Health Safety Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here;
This is your role. What part will you play?
- To ensure that projects are sufficiently and resourced in terms of effective QM & EHS support.
- To ensure a good level of collaboration and effective support to other business departments, to ensure that the company’s QM & EHS standards are maintained across all aspects of the business.
- To work alongside the BE team and auditing bodies to ensure the successful implementation and running of the Company’s integrated management system.
- To ensure the implementation of a robust Site inspection programme and QM & EHS process audits, communicating key lessons learned and tracking action closeouts.
- To support the Head of QM & EHS and the rest of the QM & EHS team in the development and execution of strategic improvement plans and initiatives.
- To mentor and provide line management support to QM & EHS Advisors and ensure that high standards are maintained within the team.
- Ensure the QM & EHS performance of projects is monitored and, where required, improvements are agreed.
- Engage with customers to ensure that their expectations are met, or to influence their processes where they go beyond the reasonable approach to QM & EHS management.
- Ensure maintain and develop QM & EHS competence with respect to changes in legislation, process or relevant industry standards.
- Support the QM & EHS team and Project Management in ensuring that arrangements for EHS are implemented, reviewed and improved on the operational projects and offices for respective business units supported.
- To support and provide QM & EHS information as part of the business unit's tendering activity.
- To develop and control the QM & EHS communications to the project teams.
- Support the efforts needed to maintain external certification in order to meet customer requirement and those of our internal processes.
- Provide QM & EHS mentoring to all staff and contractors.
- To assist in the development and review of QM & EHS plans and project risk programmes.
- Ensure that the performance of the QM & EHS operational site processes are audited, with deficiencies / improvements fed into the assurance function.
- Contribute to the development of the Health, Safety and Environmental Risk Management framework for the operational activities.
- Undertake accident / incident investigations ensuring underlying causes are established and lessons learnt communicated to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor trends in Near Miss reports and implement initiative to improve performance on the projects.
- Presentation of regular performance and statistical reports as necessary.
- Assist in the implementation of Zero Harm.
- Contributing to the execution and implementation of corporate governance as required.
- To provide support in the development and maintenance of QM & EHS documentation
- To provide training to employees and contractors in line with the businesses annual targets and improvement Plan.
- To follow and implement the Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Desirable Qualifications - NEBOSH Diploma (CMIOSH), IEMA Environmental qualification (or equivalent), Member of CQI
- Experience – Significant experience working in an electrical / construction environment
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary plus annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never
think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of
life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success
of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool
and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our
applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 120641
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time