We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation and form part of one of the largest engineering companies in the world. Our premier product, Siemens NX CAD software, is a flexible and powerful integrated CAx solution that has a focus on helping our customers deliver better products faster and more efficiently. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
You are invited to join us as a member of the Assembly Team that operates within the NX Platform Department, where you will have the opportunity to partner with experienced software developers and testers around the world on the next generation of design software. This could see you working collaboratively within a team as part of a larger project, or more autonomously on a smaller area accompanied by guidance and coaching from your manager and colleagues around you.
Being a member of our team will see you becoming involved in and responsible for all areas of the project development lifecycle including early requirements definition, analysis, design, coding, documentation, and quality assurance. Our move to a continuous release model for our software allows us to provide innovations and improvements in the software even faster, and allow for more rapid feedback from our customers. With this deployment model, NX customers will be able to access new improvements more quickly while reducing the effort required to implement NX. This will give you the ability to quickly contribute as a team member in setting future direction for our product and your career.
There are opportunities across multiple areas within the team which will include:
- Core architectural functionality to support other areas of the organisation as well as development of cloud based applications and architecture
- Application of machine learning and artificial intelligence and investigations into new technology and user experiences
- Continued maintenance of existing areas of the product
If you are interested in joining us, we look forward to hearing from you. The team member we are looking for should have or be looking to develop:
- An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written coupled with the capability of working well in a collaborative development environment
- A passion for delivering results for customers, internal and external and a willingness to experiment and learn about the new technologies required to produce solutions
- Can collaborate effectively with colleagues from multidisciplinary science, engineering and geographic backgrounds
Experience in one or more of the following areas would be preferred:
- Software development experience, or qualifications, equivalent to a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Coding skills in C++ or other object oriented language in addition to data analysis experience and/or experience in building machine learning systems
We have a relaxed and flexible working atmosphere and a culture of mutual respect and shared responsibility for getting the job done. Located near to Cambridge Railway Station and the CB1 redevelopment, our modern office offers easy access to the surrounding area and central Cambridge. The diversity of the office offers many opportunities for a variety of social events within and outside of the office. Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Job ID: 120706
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time