You will be part of the Mentor FPGA Prototyping R&D team based in Paris, France (2-eme arrondisement). The Paris team is the central development site for Mentor’s exciting new Veloce Prototyping System product (VPS).
As a contributing engineer, the individual will participate in the design, specification, implementation, test, and maintenance of VPS features.
The Paris team primarily develops a compiler for ASIC and SoC Validation on FPGA hardware systems. The software flow compiles a design’s high level description (e.g Processor or GPU for mobile applications) into bitfiles that can be loaded and run on the FPGA hardware system. The compiler synthesizes the design, partitions it, and then routes signals between the FPGA’s over physical tracks on the hardware.
- Implementation and tuning of partitioning and routing algorithms
- Graph and Hyper-Graph manipulation and editing
- Development of timing analysis tool
- Graphical user interface for schematics view and editing
- Software performance analysis and tuning
- Hardware system performance analysis and tuning
- Background in Computer Science (CS)
- Proven experienced in C++ language programming and capable of development in a Linux OS environment.
- Good communicator who asks questions about requirements when needed, and gets feedback on architecture and design ideas when needed.
- Self-motivated team player who is skilled and productive at quality-oriented and performance-oriented software engineering.
- Since the overall team is present in multiple world-wide sites, the ability to work in both French and English is required, also the ability to travel occasionally to R&D teams in Wilsonville (OR), Fremont (CA), UK, Egypt, Tunisia and India.
An attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. Mentor - a Siemens Business Company - is a fast growing, yet financially healthy company with a flat structure and an informal, flexible atmosphere.
People working within the company say they get a lot of room for initiative and career development. Samtech is driven by innovation, and therefore fosters the creativity of its employees.
Mentor provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Job ID: 120743
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Development (France) SAS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time