We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as a Field Service Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
- Provide service solutions that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers in order to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention. In this way we will ensure that the profit, quality and growth expectations of the MC Service business are met and exceeded. A clear focus for this role is ensuring client satisfaction and retention whilst maximising our profitability and revenue.
- Be responsible for servicing, maintaining, commissioning, installing and providing technical support for the range of Machine Tool products.
- Able to provide a consistent approach whilst working under own initiative, with minimal supervision and provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible.
- Partake in a 24/7 “Standby” rota ensuring round the clock cover to key contract and non contract customers adding value to the customer’s business.
- Build rapport with colleagues and customers to improve results
- Understand the needs of our customers and markets, speak the customer's language developing credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Continuously seek to add value to the services provided and achieve first time fixes, leading to reduced breakdown times, lower costs to customer, reduction in invoice queries, thus gaining customer satisfaction and retention whilst helping to achieve market leadership.
- Have a commercial awareness and an ability to recognise and pursue new opportunities for sales, contracts, retrofits.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided for each customer meets or exceeds their expectations.
- We are looking for suitably qualified technical Engineer's educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and who have completed a suitable Apprenticeship.
- All applicants must have relevant experience of fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of Machine Tools.
- PC literacy, essential: Various Windows OS, MS Office. Other software packages are used for business purposes and training will be provided as appropriate.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar or appropriate role along with experience in fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of the Siemens Machine Tool range of products. Previous experience of Siemens Sinumerik, Simodrive and Sinamics equipment is essential.
- We are looking for a determined, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has excellent communication, relationship building and customer care skills. The ability to work under pressure, individual initiative and as part of a team is also a requirement.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 120767
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time