Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Siemens are currently looking for a Software Developer to join our innovative Intelligent Traffic Solutions department in Poole, working on the software that goes into our on-street equipment.
The focus areas are the hardware components for our Enforcement Systems such as Congestion Charging, Low Emission Zones for cities, Road Tolling and Intelligent Traffic management Systems (ITS) where Siemens are a market leader in the sector, aiming to make for more efficient ‘smart cities’ globally.
Who are we looking for? -
- We are looking for an individual with commercial experience designing or implementing software solutions embedded into hardware devices. The successful candidate will have worked on projects through a complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery.
- The ideal candidate will show a passion for embedded software development. We are responsible for the development of our own ANPR camera and associated products. The successful candidate will have experience in Matlab.
- You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct the future of Siemens ITS.
- You will be educated to degree level or be able to show equivalent experience. You will be a self-starter with the ability to look at requirements and translate those into technical roadmaps for our solutions. You will be able to drill down into the technical detail for those roadmaps, and design appropriate software solutions to implement them.
You should have a number of these attributes -
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Strong oral and written communication skills. The ability to design complex systems in a way that also allows people to implement them.
- Experience in the entire project lifecycle, from working with product owners to clarify requirements, creating suitable designs and implementing the designed solutions and creating automated tests for them.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet challenging, customer-driven deadlines.
- Of particular interest to us is any experience you have programming or working with vision systems:- cameras, image/video processing, video analytics etc.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in the software arena.
- The ability to take ownership and strive to deliver the projects with positive energy and a strong desire to succeed.
Here are some of the technologies that our developers use in our solutions. It is not required to have experience in all of these areas:
- Complex multithreaded applications
- Embedded Linux
- HTML / Websockets
- ARM Cortex M / STM32 / Keil uVision
- TensorFlow / CNN
- Electronics and custom hardware / software interfacing
- Database systems
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the
opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to
encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 120768
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time