looking for a heat transfer engineer to be responsible for turbine blades and
vanes heat transfer calculation and cooling design for heavy duty gas turbine
What are my responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for gas turbine hot path parts design including heat transfer and friction correlations, Impingement cooling, film cooling, & compressible flow design to fulfill the turbine performance requirements defined in product requirement specifications
- Closely work within turbine blades
and vanes design integrated project team with different disciplines including
aerodynamics, second air system engineering, mechanical design, mechanical
integrity, material and manufacturing.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master’s degree or above in mechanical engineering, thermal engineering, aeronautical engineering or turbomachinery
- 5 years or above working experience in various gas turbine vane and blades heat transfer design
- Familiar with heat transfer and friction correlations, impingement cooling, film cooling and compressible flow. Hands-on experience on 1D flow network analysis.
- Familiar with design modeling tools such as NX, 3D CFD Pre-Processing tools, commercial or in-house aerodynamics and heat transfer calculation tools such as CFX.
- Good understanding on turbine blades and vanes manufacturing and mechanical integrity.
- Proficient in idea generation and be able to transfer know-how or search for outside available sources to various contexts and solve difficult technical problems independently
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multi-cultural colleagues, customers, industry experts, and university associates.
- Good teamwork, ownership and results oriented
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Professional proficiency in English language
Job ID: 120812
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time