- You will be responsible for the engineering of our locomotives will head approx. 350 employees worldwide.
- Your mission: to ensure the technical functionality of our products and to maintain our competitive edge in terms of price/performance ratio.
- To this end, you will define, develop and take responsibility for the engineering strategy, targets and processes, and will ensure efficient, productive collaboration between your various departments.
- You will draw up and track the budget and will be responsible for capacity utilization and headcount planning.
- You will support us in achieving optimum results by carrying out predictive planning, clarifying cost, quality and deadline targets and releasing bids from a technical perspective. You will set projects up and coordinate their execution with a firm focus on opportunities and risks.
- In so doing, you will maintain a close collaborative relationship with neighboring units (Product Management, QM, Procurement, Production, Sales, Platforms) – and of course our customers.
- You will contribute your expertise to committees and associations around the topic of standards and patents in the rail vehicles sector.
- You have a university degree (masters/bachelors) in an engineering discipline (such as electrical engineering or mechanical engineering).
- You also have an impressive track record encompassing many years of experience in managing larger engineering teams.
- You have outstanding, comprehensive expertise in the design of rail vehicles.
- In addition, you have sound practical experience of project management in an intercultural environment with a high degree of technical complexity. You are also accustomed to working within an international matrix organization, or are willing to do so.
- To enable you to perform your activities with global responsibility, you possess excellent English and German language skills.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
Job ID: 120867
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time