Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager for our Rolling Stock, Customer Service business. Reporting to the Head of PMO, the Project Manager will facilitate the on-time and on-budget delivery of exciting Rolling Stock projects across the UK Rail Network. Primarily you will will be aligned to our Thameslink Project for the overhaul of our Thameslink CI700 fleet.
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage the deliverables relating to safety time, cost, and quality, ensuring delivery of the overall project. Utilising strong commercial and interpersonal skills to link customer requirements with the technical delivery of modifications, upgrade and overhaul programmes
- Executes continuous improvement plan. Performs active role in maintaining client relationship
- Manage the projects to the requirements set out within PM@Siemens.
- Exercise management control on services used for the execution of the project and the selection and allocation of professional and technical staff. Optimise resource usage within project programme and cost constraints. Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput
- Hold regular reviews with the Fleet Operations Director, Service / Fleet Delivery Manager, Project Management Office to agree resourcing levels against project activities and budget plans.
- Liaise with the materials and procurement departments to ensure materials are delivered to line side to coincide with the project plan.
- Liaise with engineering departments to ensure technical compliance and resolution of arising technical assessments, queries in a timely manner.
- Ensure relevant monthly reports are developed and accurately presented to key stakeholders.
- Participate in regular reviews with customer representatives and demonstrate improved product performance and customer satisfaction by supporting them in their business objectives. Collaboration with the customer to explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Mobility HSE policies. Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens mobility Behaviours and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines. Demonstrate competence and development in all the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities.
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement.
- Implement continuous improvement (LEAN, 3i etc)
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action. Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies including business conduct guidelines.
- Support Sales team when required to develop bids for further opportunities on contract e.g. extensions and variations.
- This role profile may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs. Your annual objective setting with your line manager will outline any additional responsibilities to meet business requirements or individual development needs for the forthcoming financial year.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- In-depth knowledge of PM@Siemens project management process
- IMPA Level D or equivalent
- Experience using Primavera/MS Project
- Good communication skills written oral
- Knowledge of Rollingstock (desirable)
- PM@Siemens Cat C accreditation (desirable)
Closing date for applications 01/08/2019
The Siemens Mobility with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Intelligent Traffic Systems, and Rail Electrification.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 120989
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time