Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Lead and coordinate the purchase and delivery of voluminous parts buying such as special C-Parts like Screws, Bolts, Nuts, Seals, Tubes-Flanges-Fittings, at the same time expediting the deliveries for own or other categories assigned in a manner that is consistent with Company policies and performance goals.
· Purchase and delivery of voluminous parts buying such as special C-Parts like Screws, Bolts, Nuts, Seals, Tubes-Flanges-Fittings at best savings and value for the Company and affiliates.
· Expediting part/system deliveries of self-managed commodities / managed by other buyers.
· Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
· Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
· Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer technical requirements and the requirements of the Project and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
· Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased systems.
· Evaluates supplier performance using the company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
· Develops and maintains information to keep abreast of sources, prices and technical innovations on a worldwide basis.
· Coordinates participation of key suppliers in the technical design and manufacturing process.
· Interacts with business unit and cost center personnel to affect the timely release of technical engineering data and subsequent technical engineering changes.
· Complete purchasing work aligned with Company Global Purchasing Policy.
· Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
· Manage vendor delivery performance of 95% or better on-time delivery.
· Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
· Act as a back up to other buyers that are out of the office.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Previous experience in Oracle as end user.
· Experience in C class parts/Diversified components buying for Oil and Gas Industry.
· A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering /any graduate or its equivalent having experience in Oil and Gas industry or engineering environment. Engineering graduates preferred
· A minimum of 4+ years of experience within function or industry
· Ability to take ownership, think independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
· Proven excellent customer service, written and oral communication and presenting to a variety of audiences in English language. Having German language knowledge / proficiency will be an added advantage.
· Advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
· Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids, negotiation and contract formation.
· Effectively able to participate in or lead teams and collaboration cross-functionally.
· Ability to assess and establish priorities for self and others, demonstrate flexibility and understand/communicate sense of urgency.
· Self motivated, excellent problem solving abilities and proven decision making skills
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated problem resolution skills using collaboration and influencing skills.
· A demonstrated "self-starter", highly-motivated and able to effectively achieve results in a largely autonomous work environment.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve accomplishments in a fast-paced, matrix-reporting, multi-cultural environment.
· Candidate must be fluent in writing, speaking and understanding English, German language skills will be an added advantage
· Highly effective and concise communication and interpersonal relation skills, including speaking and writing.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 121012
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time