Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Purchase indirect capital equipments & reciprocating compressor parts for services at best savings and value for the Company and affiliates.
· Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
· Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
· Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer technical requirements and the requirements of the Project and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
· Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased systems.
· Evaluates supplier performance using the company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
· Supports project management efforts during the proposal and order processing stages.
· Develops and maintains information to keep abreast of sources, prices and technical innovations on a worldwide basis.
· Coordinates participation of key suppliers in the technical design and manufacturing process.
· Interacts with business unit and cost center personnel to affect the timely release of technical engineering data and subsequent technical engineering changes.
· Complete purchasing work aligned with Company Global Purchasing Policy.
· Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
· Manage vendor delivery performance of 95% or better on-time delivery.
· Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
· Act as a back up to other buyers that are out of the office.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· , Must work in US time Zone i.e 5:30 PM to 1:30 am India time, Experience in indirect equipment buying
· Desirable to have Microsoft office ACCESS capability.
· A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or its equivalent of experience industry or engineering environment.
· A minimum of 3+ years of experience within function or industry
· Ability to take ownership, think independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
· Must have Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous experience.
· Proven excellent customer service, written and oral communication and presenting to a variety of audiences in English language.
· Advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
· Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids, negotiation and contract formation.
· Effectively able to participate in or lead teams and collaboration cross-functionally.
· Ability to assess and establish priorities for self and others, demonstrate flexibility and understand/communicate sense of urgency.
· Self motivated, excellent problem solving abilities and proven decision making skills.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated problem resolution skills using collaboration and influencing skills.
· A demonstrated "self-starter", highly-motivated and able to effectively achieve results in a largely autonomous work environment.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve accomplishments in a fast-paced, matrix-reporting, multi-cultural environment.
· Candidate must be fluent in writing, speaking and understanding English.
· Highly effective and concise communication and interpersonal relation skills, including speaking and writing.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 121164
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time