Are you passionate about growing your AWS Cloud Architect skills? We are looking for an energetic and talented AWS Cloud Architect in Data Analytics & AI to join our R&D team in Bangalore.
With over 1,900 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology (CT) department (www.ct.siemens.com) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Who are we?
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management), located in Bangalore, is part of Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field of CT Research in Digitalization and Automation. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of around 190 researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe.We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial problems of the petabyte world.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
- Can you architect AWS cloud services focused around (and not restricted to) Analytics and Machine Learning, to support development of advanced machine learning and deep learning pipelines based on business initiatives?
- Do you have the ability to move beyond theoretical expertise of cloud services and assemble innovative, practical and robust set of re-usable services to support developers and data scientists working on disparate topics like traffic management, autonomous building control for energy and comfort optimization, predictive maintenance of mission critical industrial equipment?
- Do you find it exciting to dive deep into cloud technologies to solve challenges associated with transforming and enriching such large complex datasets?
- Can you demonstrate outstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals?
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a reputed institute with grass-root
experience of at least 4 years in architecting AWS cloud services, specifically in the data analytics field, for mature industrial applications.
- Closely follow latest developments in cloud data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence and be an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies
- Proven deep technical expertise and hands-on involvement in designing, architecting and executing large scale AWS cloud solutions for data analytics, machine learning and other complementary services like compute, workflow and serverless.
- Collaborate with team members and other research groups from prototyping through production, present developed solutions and recommendations to business partners, and participate in influencing future roadmap and strategy based on on-going and evolving needs.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is a must:
>>Building AWS cloud services set for supporting applications that use AWS Analytics (e.g. EMR, Kinesis, Pipeline), Machine Learning (SageMaker, Deep Learning and AI services) services.
>>Expertise with complementary services like Compute (e.g. Containers, Lambda), Database and Storage (RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB) Application Integration for orchestrating application workflows (e.g. Step Function)
>>Strong understanding AWS services cost management and constant monitoring of the same is an inherent need for carrying out the responsibilities effectively.
>>Ability to put together set of AWS management services for monitoring health and behavior of different services in use is essential.
>>Documentation of the architecture at all stages is an inherent need to complement the technical efforts.
>>Understanding of deployment methodologies and tools is an added advantage to work with team members responsible for the actual deployment of application and related automation.
- Experience in the following will be an added advantage:
>>Understanding of implementation of application using standard languages like Java, Python.
>>Working with AWS services using AWS SDK in any of the languages.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India
More information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAFFfiUZQ0Y