Are you passionate about growing your AWS Cloud DevOps skills? We are looking for an energetic and talented AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer in Data Analytics & AI to join our R&D team in Bangalore.
With over 1,900 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology (CT) department (www.ct.siemens.com) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Who are we?
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management), located in Bangalore, is part of Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field of CT Research in Digitalization and Automation. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of around 190 researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe.We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial problems of the petabyte world..
Here is your role. What part will you play?
- Can you manage DevOps to support AWS cloud based development of advanced machine learning and deep learning pipelines based on business initiatives?
- Do you have the ability to move beyond theoretical DevOps approaches for the cloud and come up with innovative, practical and robust set of re-usable automations to support AWS cloud architects, developers and data scientists working on disparate topics like traffic management, autonomous building control for energy and comfort optimization, predictive maintenance of mission critical industrial equipment?
- Do you find it exciting to dive deep into cloud technologies to solve challenges associated with deployment of services and application that are transforming and enriching such large complex datasets?
- Can you demonstrate outstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals?
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a reputed institute with grass-root experience of at least 4 years in AWS cloud services deployment for mature industrial applications.
- Closely follow latest developments in DevOps and be an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies
- Proven deep technical expertise and hands-on involvement in automating large scale AWS cloud deployments preferably for data analytics, machine learning and other complementary services like compute, workflow and serverless.
- Collaborate with team members, AWS architects and other research groups from prototyping through production, for supporting and entire application engineering efforts, based on on-going and evolving needs.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is a must:
>>Deploying application based on AWS cloud services, in a Continuous Integration/Deployment environment.
>>Expertise with tools like Jenkins for automating the deployment activities from code managed in platforms like Git within and outside the AWS CodeDeploy service environment coupled with sound understanding of technologies like containers.
>>Strong understanding of product engineering methodologies and tools deployment methodologies and tools regardless of the environment and implementation language is vital to work with team members responsible for architecting the AWS services and actual development of application.
>>Ability to put together set of AWS management services for monitoring health and behavior of different services in use and automating extraction of critical parameters, is essential.
>>Documentation of the tools at all stages is an inherent need to complement the technical efforts.
>>Good understanding AWS services pricing structure would be an added advantage.
- Experience in the following will be an added advantage:
>>Understanding of implementation of application using standard languages like Java, Python.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India
Job ID: 121232
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time